- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 10ml of olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 courgette, grated
- 2.5ml mild chilli powder
- 5ml ground cumin
- 400g tin of kidney beans (or pinto, mixed beans)
- 10ml Dijon mustard
- 10ml soya sauce
- 10ml tomato puree
- 75g Jungle Oats
- To serve: tomato salsa and fresh coriander
- Fry onion and garlic in little olive oil until softened.
- Add grated carrots, courgettes and spices and mix.
- Mash the beans in a bowl.
- Add the cooked vegetables and spice mixture to the beans.
- Add mustard, soya sauce, tomato puree and Jungle Oats.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- With wet hands, form mixture into burgers depending on preferred size.
- Fry gently for a few minutes on either side or bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes turning once.