Do Life With Heart
- Half a cup of Taystee Wheat
- 1 ½ cups of self-rising flour
- 3 tbsp butter or ghee
- Half a cup of cold milk
- Half a cup of fresh coconut, grated
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder (Elaichi)
- ½ tbsp nutmeg powder
- 0.25 cups chopped cranberries
- 0.25 cups chopped pecan nuts
- Oil or ghee for frying
- Heat a heavy-bottomed pan with 1 tablespoon of ghee and add Taystee wheat.
- Gently fry the Taystee Wheat until it turns golden or light-brown in colour. Once the colour changes, add in the grated coconut.
- Once the Taystee Wheat is cooked, remove it from the heat and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, chopped cranberries and pecan nuts. Mix everything thoroughly and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
Method: The outer pastry shell / casing:
- In a bowl, add the flour, salt and 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee.
- Add the cold milk gradually to make a firm ball of dough.
- Divide the dough into equal portions, dust with flour and roll them out into 2-inch diameter flattened roti’s.