Do Life With Heart
Ingredients for Dough:
- ½ cup Taystee Wheat
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp elachi powder
- 2 tbs butter/ghee
- 1 cup condensed milk
Ingredients for Sugar Syrup:
- 4 cups sugar
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbs rose water
- 2 drops of food colouring (optional)
- Combine the flour, Tasty Wheat, cardamom powder and baking powder.
- Add ghee then work into a fine crumb-like texture.
- Add condensed milk. Mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Add remaining ¼ cup flour to work the mixture into a stiff dough. Once a ball is formed let the dough rest while you make the syrup.
- Shape the dough into long, thin finger-like shapes or round balls depending on your preference – they will expand once fried.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan on medium heat.
- Fry the gulab jamuns until slightly brown.
- Remove from oil then immerse into the syrup immediately (quick-quick).
- Decorate with your topping of choice! Just have fun with it. 🎉
- For coconut gulab jamuns, immerse the syrupy gulab jamuns into a bowl filled with desiccated coconut.
- Serve hot or cold. Store in an airtight container.