Do Life With Heart
4 Apples (pink crisps/gala)
- 2 cups Jungle (Large Tiger Oat Flakes or Cooking Oats)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground nutmeg
- 1 large Eggs
- 1 cup Low fat milk
- 1/4 cup Canola oil
- 3 Tablespoon Maple syrup / Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Chopped walnuts or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 cup Dried cranberries, raisins or chopped dried fruit
- Core each apple making a deep well for the filling.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease a casserole dish that will fit the 4 apples. Place apples inside dish ready to be filled.
- In a medium mixing bowl mix together oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In a separate large mixing bowl whisk together eggs until well blended. Mix in milk, oil, maple syrup/Honey and vanilla.
- Add oat mixture to milk mixture and stir well. If using optional extras add this as well to the filling.
- Pour mixture into prepared apples in baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until set, about 45 minutes. Serve warm.