Do Life With Heart
- 250ml (1 cup) Full Cream Buttermilk
- 375ml (1½ cups) Jungle Oat Bran
- 5ml (1tsp) vanilla essence
- 1 large egg
- 80ml (1/3 cup) canola or sunflower or coconut oil
- 150ml treacle (dark brown) sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) self-raising flour
- Spray and Cook
- Jungle Oats or any seeds of your choice for decoration
- Oven on 200°C.
- In a small bowl, mix the buttermilk, Jungle Oat Bran and the vanilla essence and set it aside for a few minutes to soak in well together.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg and the treacle (dark brown) sugar together for 30 to 40 seconds until well blended.
- Add the oil to the egg and sugar mixture and beat again.
- Lastly add the Buttermilk, Jungle Oat bran and vanilla essence mixture and beat together until well blended.
- Grease a muffin tin with Spray and Cook and fill each section almost full with batter. A 7.5cm diameter muffin tin will provided about 9 muffins.
- Sprinkle with a little Jungle Oats or any seeds of your choice.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until baked. Smaller muffins will bake faster so check them after about 13 minutes or so.
These tasty and healthy muffins are super served with cheese and or jam, bacon and cheese, so decadent as a scone with jam and cream or simply just on their own with a little butter if you wish. They stay fresh and moist for days, so store in an air tight container. They also freeze beautifully!