When I was growing up my grandparents ate a bowl of Oats every morning. I didn’t quite understand why anyone would choose to eat a mushy, bland breakfast. Now I know why; if you make a perfect bowl of Oats, you will become a creature of habit too.
Oats is one of the healthiest breakfasts you can have. It is full of soluble fibre, has a healthy amount of protein, helps keep you full for longer, and it is a low-glycemic-index food. No wonder it is considered a breakfast of champions!
With the weather getting cooler, Oats is the ideal breakfast for Winter. It is hearty, wholesome and satisfying.
If you want to be extra delicious too, here is how to make the perfect bowl of Oats:
- 1 cup of Jungle Oats
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 cup of milk
- Cook on the stove top for about 12 minutes, depending how thick you like it, but remembering to keep stirring it.
- Sweetener: honey, maple syrup, brown sugar
- Flavouring: cinnamon, coco powder, nutmeg, vanilla powder
- Nuts: almonds, walnuts, chopped mixed nuts
- Fruits: banana, strawberries, berries, mixed frozen berries or any fruit you so desire
- Extras: chia seeds, peanut butter, shredded coconut, chocolate chips
As you can see, the options are endless, and you can never get bored of the same bowl of Oats!
How I like my perfect bowl of Oats...
For every one part of Oats, I use two parts of liquid (as said above). I like to add a lot of cinnamon as I love the flavour and a little bit of honey for sweetness, all while its cooking on the stove. I then pour it in my bowl and hide it under all of the fruit I can find in the fridge. Sprinkle it with chia seeds and some coconut flakes. On weekends I like to use maple syrup, chocolate chips and banana pieces … To satisfy my extra sweet tooth!
Original Article: https://www.minkys.co.za/make-perfect-bowl-oats/